Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Life Update

As you might have noticed, I have not been blogging all that much recently.  Life really gets busy sometimes. But, generally, that's okay.  I'll share some of the mostly wonderful busyness with you.

During Christmas, I got a lot of time to work and earn some much needed money.  The days that I did get off I spent with family enjoying the Christmas season.

Then once the new year had rang in, I came back to Norman to work my regular job that had been closed a few weeks for Christmas.

Just shortly after this was my best friend's wedding!  We had a great time setting up for the wedding, at the rehearsal  and of course on the big day!
The happy couple headed away!
After this, my sweet guy Tyler was back in Oklahoma...and it was my BIRTHDAY!  He took me out for Korean food (pretty much my favorite restaurant), gave me a fish tank and an algae eater (his new name is Picasso) and we picked out a beta together for my present.  Our beta still doesn't have a name, but I've been calling him 'fradie fish' because he seems scared of everything.  Hopefully he'll be accustomed to his new life soon and not be so 'fradie' anymore.

My new fishy for my birthday!

 

Saturday, we worked on some of our premarital counseling homework at Starbucks after we got to go to our friends' baby shower.  Lots of things to look forward to in the future!


Unfortunately, it seems this was the last bit of good news until this point in time.  Not only is the beginning of school bad news (because I don't like school), but Tyler and I both came down with the stomach bug Sunday night.  Let me just say, I don't come down with the stomach bug often - and when I do, I don't like it.  The past couple days are probably the worst I've felt in a LONG time.  Luckily I'm finally able to eat some and retain my fluids, but still looking forward to feeling 100 percent again.  Lots of water, Gatorade  chicken soup and Greek yogurt for now, hoping to feel better by tomorrow.  We are hoping we didn't spread this around to our friends and family, as we don't really know where we caught it, or when we would have been contagious before we actually felt sick ourselves.

I guess I'll lay in bed for the rest of my day and watch films for one of my classes.  What a great way to start out the semester strong - sick.


2 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you! Sounds like you had a nice holiday, but sorry to hear about the stomach flu, not good! Hope you're back to 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks PJ! The break was good, cannot wait to feel completely better from this! :)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright 2012-2014 Saxon Smith (Let's Drink Coffee, Darling). All rights reserved.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-49062203-1