Friday, June 12, 2015

Recapping Life Since My Last Post

Happy Friday! 

I'm so glad it is the weekend!


I was thinking about it recently and realized that I didn't post one single post during the month of May, nor have I posted this month until now. I also have a few unfinished NOLA posts from our trip there back in March.  It seems that life got super busy mid-April and has stayed that way.  I'm hoping now that summer is here things will slow down a bit. 


I have a few DIY posts in the works, I just simply have not had time to write up the blog post and upload photos.  So this post is simply a little recap of the past couple months or so, and a shout out that we're still alive!



In April the Canadian Geese had some adorable little goslings!


Their fuzzy tails are simply too adorable.




My good friend left our area for the summer for an internship!





I went to a craft show in Jones, OK called the Vintage Chicken Farm Barn Sale with my mom, grandmother, and my mom's friend. 





I found this interesting item to help organize and display some of our rocks and knick knacks.  I've been on the hunt for a galvanized type decorative thing, and when I saw this I waited 15 minutes for the vendor to come back from getting food to ask her the price.  She only asked $12, which for a craft sale I though was quite cheap.  I'm thinking about perhaps finding a wooden "S" (for Smith) to layer with other objects in the larger compartment at the bottom.




I haven't finalized what I'll put in it, because I don't think our quartz pieces show up as well as I'd like.  I also would eventually like to hang this on the wall, but it is quite heavy so I've considered waiting while we live in an apartment so we won't have to repair a huge hole from the anchors we'll need to use.




Tyler isn't used to the "rustic/vintage" style, so when I brought it home he really wasn't too sure about it.  I don't think he's entirely warmed up to it, but it is displaying his puzzles and rocks so he should.  ;)


A Love Coffee Darling drawer jewelry organizer commissioned by a friend.
My mom and I are hoping to be vendors at the Chicken Farm Barn Sale this year, if we get accepted.  We'll see, if so I'll be busy busy this summer making decorations to sell!  If you'd like to keep tabs on things I sell, just follow Love Coffee Darling on Facebook and search #lovecoffeedarling on Instagram!




Tyler while we sold scout cards as the fundraising event for new supplies.









Tyler has also been very busy this month and last month with boy scouts.  He is currently the scoutmaster for a new troop in OKC that is targeting an inner-city area.  We currently have six boys, two of which went with Tyler and the assistant scoutmaster to summer camp this month.  Tyler is also an Eagle Scout, and is loving his new role guiding a new generation of scouts.




On May 18th, we had our second wedding anniversary.  





We celebrated at a local Brazilian restaurant called Cafe do Brasil, which was very tasty!





 This time of year is also typical for severe storms, and there happened to be a storm that was predicted to be highly unstable the evening we made reservations, but luckily we enjoyed our meal, made it home before the rain, and nothing bad came of it.


 Speaking of storms, they gave me the chance to play with my camera and try to get some interesting weather shots.  I still have a lot to learn, but I thought some of them were worth sharing.


The sky turned orange at sunset during the middle of a severe storm. 
Lightning from my parent's back yard.

Wheat fields in rural Oklahoma and thunderstorms.






We visited my parents on Mother's Day weekend, and took a family photo!





The same weekend, we were in Norman once again to meet some other friends leaving for an internship, and took a stroll on our old campus.


He was talking to his mommy for Mother's Day!

Ladybug, ladybug.

Sunset from the stadium parking garage.



This little cat likes to watch the birds at our neighbor's feeder.  I threatened Tyler that I would feed it so it would hang out on our porch.  I later found out she already has an owner anyway, but I'm sure she wouldn't mind some extra attention???






I've also been attempting to declutter lately.  Tyler and I are both notorious sentimental collectors, so keeping our home decluttered is a challenge.  I've attempted to keep clutter off the entertainment system (which happens to be the first surface inside the door).  I put some boxwood greenery under the television in lieu of the doily, which I think looks less old lady and more clean and fresh, and chose specific sentimental items to display.  You might remember the vase on the left from our honeymoon. 






Most of the first goslings are rowdy and gawky looking "teens" now, but one set of geese had another young group.  


These little guys are just adorable sleeping under their mom in the shade.


 I found a new place to take some sky photos at the top of a nearby parking garage.  I've gone there a couple times this month to take some pictures in the morning and evenings.



OKC Downtown at sunrise from my new spot.

The stairwell of the parking garage looks kind of cool.
So outside of work, this has been our lives lately.  What's new with you?



P.S. Some of you bloggers have probably not had comments from me in quite a while.  I'm having issues with Google Chrome that has signed me out of the blogger comment box, and when I attempt to sign in it is not working, so anytime I have commented in the past 6 months has been only if I have switched browsers specifically to comment!  (I have no idea what is going on!)  I read your posts more often than I've commented lately, my apologies if you haven't felt the love!
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Hey! So good to see that all is well! If it weren't for instagram I'd have been worried ;) Looks like you've been having an interesting time with crafting and decorating (love the lights and the greenery by your TV), scout-grouping and cat-attracting (Malcolm has a similar idea with a cat that hangs out by the bus stop across the road...) and celebrating!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright 2012-2014 Saxon Smith (Let's Drink Coffee, Darling). All rights reserved.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-49062203-1